The small historic cemetery at Oak Hill is situated to the west of the main house and farm complex and southeast of the 1979 secondary residence. It includes three marked graves: Lucy Lyne Maclin (buried 1869), James Bullock Maclin (buried 1860), and Charles Maclin (buried 1880). Lucy and James’ graves are slightly more ornate. Lucy Maclin’s tombstone includes a carved wreath and the phrase “OUR MOTHER” below. James Maclin’s grave includes scrolling details at the top. The tombstones have suffered some damage from the root systems of the oak trees that shade the cemetery, but are not beyond repair. The burials appear to be arranged facing east. The cemetery is protected from the surrounding agricultural space by a metal fence erected in 2008, and the owners are not certain as to whether there may be other family members or farm residents buried in the vicinity, as no other graves were marked.
From The Early History of Mason
Near “Oak Hill”, the L. M. Maclin home, is a small family plot where Dr. James B. Maclin and his wife, Lucy Lyne Taylor, are buried. Some of their children and grandchildren are also interred there.
Marshall, John Walker. The Early History of Mason. John Walker Marshall, 1985.