Robinson Cemetery is among the oldest in the Mason area. Ann Ray, the wife of Michael Ray, was the first buried there in 1833. A first cousin to W. B. Robinson, Ray had come with him to Tipton county the previous year. The Ray land to the west of the Robinson place later became the Fortner place. In 1834, Robinson had a baby daughter [Mary C. Robinson b, 27 Oct 1833 d. 9 Apr 1834 ] to die and be buried there. The same year he buried one of his slaves to the south of his daughter’s grave and thus was the beginning of Robinson Cemetery. Among the early families to bury in Robinson are the Faulks, Cothrans, Jackson, Crenshaws, Marshalls, and McClanahans.
Marshall, John Walker. The Early History of Mason. John Walker Marshall, 1985.