James Kenney Williams was born 31 Aug 1866, in Stanton, Tennessee. His father, James Franklin, was born in 1842 and died in 1900. His mother, Mary Ann Baucom, was born in 1846 and died in 1920.
James married Miss. Ida A Waddell on 3 Nov 1895, in Tipton County, Tennessee. They had nine children in 19 years. The children’s names are Lillian Ivan, Eula, Jennie F, James, Milton B, Grady Walter, Virge Walden, Eva Elizabeth and Rachel R. Williams.
James Kenney Williams died on 5 May 1944, in Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, at the age of 77. He is buried in Memorial Park Cemetery.
Historical Happenings During James’ Lifetime
- Dr. Barnum Brown’s fantastic fossil discoveries in 1900 – He located “bones of a large Carnivorous Dinosaur. As a matter of fact, Dr. Brown had uncovered the first skeleton of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- On April 6, 1917, the United States enters World War I. After being neutral for years, the US provides much needed manpower and financial aid to the Allied cause.
James Kenney Williams’ Siblings are:
- Gillian Williams (1869-????)
- Lyda Ella Williams Johns (1872-1932)
- Alfred Green Williams (1874-1917)
- Thomas Jefferson “Bozo” Williams (1876-1935)
- Sallie Maud Williams Williams (1882-1955)
- Jessie Williams (1888-????)